Usually around Wednesday is when I start feeling a little bit tired, a little bit homesick and a whole lot DONE. Somehow the Yoga fairies must have known this and decided to give me a great day. Our morning class was taught by Lynn Whitlow. Now, I have to say that Lynn has intimidated me from Day One here at training. She is very matter-of-fact and doesn't really mess around, she has owned four studios in the Bay area is obviously a great businesswoman and loves this yoga. Needless to say, she terrified me. Well, today she taught our morning class and WOW, it was awesome. It probably helped that she opened the door to get some air circulating in the room, but her dialogue was amazing, her delivery strong and directive and her voice so pleasing to the ear. Great, great class. She also stressed the importance of the dialogue with a story about one of her teacher's slip ups in class. I have actually taken class with that teacher before and heard the story, but still laughed heartily nonetheless. For all those who know the story, it's the one about the hands in Half Tortoise...
Next was our lecture with Dr. T. He really is such a great teacher and he loves to start off by loosening us up with jokes. They are mostly corny, but he's such a sweet and genuine guy, I still laugh. Today we reviewed the Muscular System and started talking about the Circulatory System (we covered Skeletal on Monday). This is going to be quite a test! There will be two tests of 50 questions each (100 total combined) and we'll need to get a 65 to pass. Time to make some flash cards!
At the break, I headed to the pool to run through Awkward a few times with Larissa & Iole. I am having a pretty tough time with this posture, so I don't think I'll go tonight in Posture Clinic unless I absolutely have to, and even then, I would wait until the very end of class. Part one is pretty good, part two is getting better...part three...I'd rather just not even talk about it. I had such a hard time with this posture when I was studying it back home to deliver at the Boston studio. Imagine if I hadn't memorized it before? Ugh, I shudder to think!
Our late afternoon class was taught by John Salvatore. I have taken his class in Boston when he visited and I just love him. He is EXACTLY what we needed today. He was positive, funny, motivating and just what the doctor ordered. Also, I was in line 8, by the right side doors and was pretty happy over there. All in all, a great day here at Yoga Bootcamp.
Notice I am blogging and NOT working on Awkward? Hmmm. Better get back to studying. Miss and love you all!
Packing your house
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment