So, I should totally be studying the last TWO postures that we have left to deliver (Head to Knee with Stretching and Spine Twisting), but I thought it noteworthy to do a little reporting on the week thus far.
Some drama went down in our Posture Clinic yesterday between a member of my group and the lead that was pretty uncomfortable. They got into a confrontation that definitely escalated due to lack of sleep, abundance of pressure, etc. Unfortunately, it then got reported to a senior staff member and we got a talking to. Boy, was it fun! In defense of my group member, he was just making a joke (albeit crude) and "keeping it light" has really been helping him to remember and deliver his dialogue. He stepped over the line, but the attitude that he got back in return was off the wall. This person was re-joining us after being away for 5 weeks, so he has no idea how much this person has struggled and, as a result of our group's bonding, how much progress he's made. I'm really hoping that this little bump in the road doesn't derail that progress.
Bikram says that he doesn't want to start his lectures until we are done with the dialogue, so we've really been operating at breakneck speed. I delivered two yesterday and am on pace to deliver two again today. Crazy. After that only ONE more posture left! Yay, no more studying on the weekends! Hopefully this means we will be avoiding movies until after we finish dialogue. I can handle one or two more, but not a whole week of them :)
My daughter and husband arrive Saturday and I cannot WAIT! OMG, I can't wait to hug my little baby (who isn't so little anymore, but she's my baby, dammit!) and spend some time with them since I won't be studying dialogue- woohoo!
Another item I wanted to report was that today after class, while laying in Savasana I heard a pretty loud voice that seemed oblivious to the fact that others were still enjoying their final resting pose. When I removed the towel from my eyes I realized that, not only was it the teacher who had just taught the class, but that she was on HER CELL PHONE. This after a telling us to have respect for this yoga and not to leave the class, only drink when Bikram says it's OK, etc. Wow. Just wow.
Packing your house
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment